John Swallow reports to camera about the demolition of the building also known as the house on Rainbow Hill where Edward Elgar died in 1934. He interviews Victor Cornick who has led a campaign to save the building. It is also pointed out that the Elgar society have not turned up to witness the demolition. We see the building being pulled down and a shot of a summer house that remains on the land but is being promised to Mr Cornick by the developers.
No credits specified
Elgar lived at Marl Bank from December 1929 to his death in 1934. The summer house was later presented to the Elgar Birthplace Museum by Victor Cornick.