The Media Archive for Central England (MACE) is the screen archive for the Midlands in the UK.
A registered charity, MACE exist to preserve the moving images of the East and West Midlands and provide affordable public access to this material through our website, public screenings, exhibitions, educational workshops and community projects.
MACE is a team of Nine experienced professionals
. We are governed by a board of directors
who are also trustees of the charity.
We are part of a network of public moving image archives that collectively preserve the UK’s moving image heritage. We are also an integral part of the network of public archives and record offices across the Midlands.
MACE is a non-profit making company limited by guarantee and an independent registered charity.We are registered at Companies House as Media Archive of Central England Ltd (Company No. 3172021) and are registered charity (No. 1100890). We are VAT registered (VAT No. 986 0542 91).
Our Mission Statement
MACE is an accessible organisation connecting people with the preserved moving image heritage of the Midlands.
MACE does this by:
• selecting and acquiring, researching, cataloguing, curating and developing a collection of moving images and related materials which inform our understanding of the history and culture of the midlands.
• working to ensure that this collection is accessible both permanently and widely through the application of our preservation and curatorial skills.
MACE is a not-for-profit organisation providing:
• public repository services
• professional advice on the care and preservation of this heritage (film, video and digital materials)
• support for community-based events
• support for collection-related research
MACE is proactive in ensuring that our services and our collections provide the maximum public benefit.
MACE recognises the importance of partnership in creating new opportunities and new contexts for public access, especially with the education, heritage and knowledge sectors.
MACE recognises the need to improve and extend continuously our professional archival skills.
MACE is part of a network of regional and national archives ensuring that we can bring our services and our collections to the UK as a whole.
Find Out More About Us
Read our FAQs
(see left) for more detailed information about who we are and what we do.
Read our Help Section
to find out how to use our archive and website.
To watch a short introductory video
and see more of what we do CLICK HERE
Our registered office is:
University of Lincoln
Telephone: 01522 837750
Telephone: 01522 837753
Telephone: 01522 837752